Monday, April 26, 2010

My God.

So I am once again going to be vulnerable and transparent with you who read this.
(I believe we are all called to do that read James 5:13-20)


Those of you that live around me may know that recently I have been challenged with the concept of 
Sabbath.
This is not just a day of rest but a day spent with and around
God.
Not family, friends, or homework.
Yes I think you can do your sabbath around your family and friends but if that's what the day is about that is incorrect.
I have been spending my weeks looking forward to my 
Sabbath,
since I have changed my view on this Holy Day.



I try and go out in the wilderness as much as possible it's at least once a week if not three times.
I think I have gotten the best time with God out in the
WILD. 
During my time with God yesterday I sat on the hood of my Jeep on top of a hill back where no one was. 
In amazement I just started to realize how just 
AMAZING
my King is.
(Amazing- filled with astonishment.)
This is what I came to semi-understand and hopefully never fully grasp so 
God's 
Amazing-ness never fades away.

No matter how much I explore these woods,
There are still parts of  it I will not know.
From Dirt to Snow,
Water to Trees,
Mountains to Valleys,
Open Fields to Rocky Hills,
Green Pines to Blue Skies & White Fluffy Clouds,
Fallen Timbers to Thick Patches of Saplings,
Cold of the Night to Heat of the Day,
Swarms of Mosquitoes to Butterfly dusted Poppies,
Ducks to Deers
Flower filled Hills to Barin Lands
Dirty Back Roads of Mud & Clay to Green Pastures
Elk to Cougars.
Little Streams of Melted Snow to Lakes.

I will never understand You or know every area of You, no matter how often and far I explore. 
There is always more to discover.
God let me never stop seeking adventure in the world You created and in Who You are.
There is a cabin in this photo, I kinda wanna live there.
 
This is where I sat watching the clouds shadows move across the forest and got an awesome time on the top of the Jeep : ) 
 
 
I LOVE the fact that I will never fully comprehend God and understand the reasons for the things He does but it makes Life so much more exciting and more like a
CRAZY Adventure!






1 comment:

  1. GINNY, I really like this post. I think it is totally what I need right now. I am so glad that God has given both of us a heart for adventure and discovering Him in new and beautiful ways!

    Also, I love these pics, I am definitely going to miss this place.

    ReplyDelete